Great news: You can use your $25 Discover Vouchers for this show providing you book before Jun 30th.
Go to https://events.humanitix.com/8ball-aitken-sat-6th-nov-7pm-high-energy-entertaining-blues to book with your voucher.
This show is outside on the grass (weather permitting). BYO chair, rug etc. Wet weather arrangements are described here
8Ball is a riveting, high energy performer with a great band whose shows are famous for great blues and great fun.
He grew up in North Queensland, Australia listening to cassettes of the blues masters John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, R.L Burnside, Tony Joe White, JJ Cale.
- “When I was eighteen years old I moved to Brisbane City and became involved in the blues music scene immediately. I was able to go to bars legally for the first time and I used to hang out and jam with Bling Dog Donnie & The Reverend” says 8Ball
Swamp Blues is his rootsiest and most credible legit blues album to date and was nominated for two Australian Blues Awards, hit #2 in the Australian Blues Charts and stayed in the Australian Blues charts for 18-months.
8 Ball was shortlisted for an APRA 2019 Song Of The Year for ‘High Water’. He has toured the album extensively across Australia and USA to critical acclaim and excellent reviews.
- “8 Ball Aitken demonstrates that the blues are alive and well Down Under with this deep-in-the-pocket collection of modern blues and blues rock that’s built atop a swamp blues structure.” – Chicago Blues Guide
- “For a guy from Australia, 8 Ball Aitken really has the Delta in his bones… I wouldn’t be surprised to find Mississippi mud on the soles of his shoes.” – Gonzo Okanagan
- “A lovely, enjoyable collection, start to finish, with the inevitable few songs that stand out, and invite you to hit the replay.” – Blues In Britain – Graham Munn
- Dillion James and Taya Chani
- 8Ball Aitken https://www.8ballaitken.com
- A selection of tasty home made food, tea, coffee and cake will be available
- Feel free to bring your own nibbles & drinks